English Premier League side, Burnley Football Club, are currently recruiting for a new and exciting role, a Head of Global Partnerships, to take ‘Brand Burnley’ out into the global community.
Burnley Football Club is an established Premier League Club with a rich history. As a proud founder member of the Football League, Burnley Football Club began life as a rugby club. However, 'Burnley Rovers' soon switched codes and became Burnley Football Club in 1882.
FA Cup campaigns gave way to organised football in 1888 with the foundation of the Football League - and since then Burnley have claimed every major honour, with the exception of the League Cup. The Club are now about to embark on their 5th season in the Premier League for the 2020/21 season.
Burnley Football Club is a special football club located in the heart of the town. The Club are now looking to recruit to the brand new role of Head of Global Partnerships. This is fantastic time to join the Club with the introduction of a new global partnership opportunities. This is an ambitious and exciting new role, where the successful candidate will take ‘Brand Burnley’ out into the global community. The successful candidate will be given full autonomy to create, shape and develop the Club's new global partnerships strategy.
The successful candidate will be an ideas-driven, energetic, innovative and seasoned sales professional. They will be open to new challenges and full of initiative. They will be an exceptional communicator who is happy to work hard, as part of a fast-paced team. The role holder will be responsible for generating significant revenues through the acquisition of commercial partners on a global basis. As well as delivering revenue into the Club, the partners should positively expose and promote the brand of the Football Club globally, helping to build its international fan base and brand reputation.
The role requires understanding the business strategy of potential partners and the dynamics of the industry in which they operate to create a mutually beneficial partnership and deliver business return.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the Head of Global Partnerships will also work closely with the Chief Executive Officer who will play an active role in shaping the Club's global offer.
The Head of Global Partnerships will be expected to:
- Lead the process of securing partners in specific geographical regions for the Club all the way to final signature. There will be significant responsibility devolved to the post holder, with support from the Chief Executive Officer and Commercial Director.
- Work with the Chief Executive and Commercial Director, and Partnership Research Agencies to develop target lists for agreed industries/geographies.
- Proactively contacting decision makers at different organisations, as well as research targeted industries and companies to understand industry dynamics and company strategies.
- Present the Club partnership opportunity to senior decision makers in targeted companies.
- Develop bespoke partnership proposals to suit needs of individual companies. This will involve working together with various departments within the Club to structure a suitable proposal (e.g. Marketing, Ticketing, Hospitality Departments etc).
- Host potential partners at Club matches to bring alive the Matchday opportunity.
- Close partnership deals including negotiation of commercial terms and working alongside the Legal team taking the commercial lead to negotiate and conclude full form agreements.
- Ensure smooth handover of relationship to the appropriate areas of the team to manage the ongoing relationship.
- Participate in the strategy setting of the Global Partnerships, including identification of categories and geographies to target.
- Match/Event responsibilities and organisation: Hosting potential partners as required.
- Match/Event responsibilities and organisation: Attend relevant industry events in the UK and abroad.
- To be able to work flexible and unsociable hours where the role of the job requires.
- To work towards agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Comply with all Club policies.
- Promote the Burnley Football Club brand and ethos in a professional, strong and positive manner.
- Work alongside other team members to support in other areas of the organisation as and when required to promote best practice.
- A commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace and a willingness to undertake all relevant equality and diversity training.
An ideal candidate will be;
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- A strong communicator with exceptional networking and persuasion skills.
- Experienced in proactively contacting senior decision makers where existing relationships may not be held.
- Experienced in leading in formulating, presenting, negotiating and closing high value business to business partnership deals.
- Experienced in working with contracts and negotiating commercial terms with legal support.
- Track record of exceptional achievement in industry leading organisations.
Applicants will need to have a flexible approach to work and be able to work evenings, weekends and match days as required. Please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter via email to the HR and People Manager, Ann-Marie Bradley: firstname.lastname@example.org
Burnley FC is committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. *Please note only candidates selected for interview will be notified.